So after a few weeks of
bullshit not so great luck I turn on my computer and realized that two awards have been bestowed upon me in one week by fellow bloggers. I would like to tell these fellow bloggers how much this meant to me and that while we all blog for different reason’s, they hit home with the reason I do. We are all connected to each other for a reason.
I have been feeling like a big black cloud has been looming once again over my head and while I preach that “All things happen for a reason” its a gigantic freaking pill to swallow when you have to deal with it personally. But alas I say…“All things happen for a reason”.
Both of these wonderful bloggers chose to give me their awards at a time I needed to be uplifted and supported by friends. A coincidence? I think not, so without realizing their impact I bestow upon them the “ANGEL Award”. I won’t go on and on about the crap that has been happening…but tonight I just had to respond.
We lost someone we loved very much today. Someone who probably never knew to what extent they meant to our family. She represented all that is love and passed it on to her children who in turn passed it on to theirs and fortunately for me, my child married one.
The loss of this beautiful soul will be felt for a long time and I can only hope that her family will heal and bathe in the glory of having been part of her life. I also hope that this community of bloggers and people that follow my blog know that you mean the world to me, virtual or not. Your words and actions heal and sustain all that read them and your reasons for following these blogs, mine included, make us realize that we all are part of a common cloth manufactured by a creator so much bigger than us.
With much gratitude to you and to everything that happens in life that teaches us to take a step back and realize what is important and it is in fact “On Purpose”, I am reminded to treat my “Family like friends and my friends like family”. THANK YOU!
I have listed the two awards in the order they happened, I hope you enjoy reading…so here they are, the facts!
The first award came from “Life With The Top Down”, it was the LIEBSTER AWARD. Liebster (pronounced: leeb-stir) is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award recognizes up and coming bloggers and winners that are asked to “pay it back and forward.”
The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who gave you this award
- Post the award to your blog
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions asked of you, plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people you think deserve the award and link them to your post.
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen
The second award came from Bohemian Spirit at http://www.bohoheart.com and she gave me the “VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER” Award and the rules for that are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
Since the second award had less requirements that would be fulfilled by the the first, I have completed the requirements of the former keeping both in mind. 🙂
O.K. so here it is… 11 things about me (because I KNOW YOU ARE JUST DYING TO KNOW!)
11 Things About Me
1. I have red hair. AND if pain is what fuels us to do what is right in life then I should be blogging about the insecurities of being teased for being a redheaded kid. At this stage it is the beginning of what what made me strong and I have forgiven my bullies.
2. I have three children, a son-in-law (world’s best) and a grandchild (also the world’s best) and I am blessed.
3. I have had two husbands that I loved and a fiance that thinks the world of me. I am blessed because I have the three angels that make me get up every morning and smile. And before you think sheesh, what a ho! Think again. I was young the first time around and well, I got the first recognizable gift from the Big Guy upstairs that I will be eternally grateful for, my daughter Jackie who is my best friend.
My second husband taught me everything I needed to understand about family and priorities, he gave me two more angels I can’t imagine my world without and then left suddenly to go back to God, no doubt to help the world be a better place to live. I think of him everyday when I see the beautiful faces that greet me in the morning.
AND then there is my fiancee Joe, who understands and supports me in EVERYTHING I do. I think God saved him for last to make sure I saw my life’s purpose come to fruition. When I said I started a blog, he was one of the first commenter’s telling me to go, go , go! And every month he pays the bill for my storage unit…read #4 and you’ll understand.
4. I have a 10 X 15 storage unit FILLED with dishes and props that I have accrued over the last two and a half years to make this dream/purpose come true.
5. I wish I had more hours in a day to make the dream a reality, but slowly I do and surely it will.
6. I love helping others so much so I have paid to become certified to be an “intuitive career coach” using numerology to help others realize and fulfill their life’s purpose. How about that, it’s working! 🙂
7. I love to cook.
8. I love to create.
9. I love to see other’s do the same.
10. I was the 1978 Pennsylvania State Freestyle Champion in Rollerskating.
11. I changed my facebook relationship status to ” in a relationship” with HomeGoods of course…hence the 10 X 15 storage unit. Look for a blog post coming soon on that one!
Here’s where I answer the 11 things asked of me…
1. What is your favorite song of all time?
House at Pooh Corner, it brings back good memories and reminds us to help each other.
2. Boxers, briefs, boy shorts, granny panties, thong or the universal choice of Commando?
Hmmm, anything with an absorbant cotton crotch these days…
3. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Without a doubt, and I would thoroughly enjoy the cake with the file they baked in it for me while in prison…
4. Would you go back to being a teenager, without the wisdom you have now?
NO, ‘nough said! WITH the wisdom would be a totally different story…
5. What are you most grateful for?
EVERYTHING good and bad that has happened to me, I learned so much but most importantly how to love myself.
6. Are you a beach or mountain kind of person?
50/50 I lived in the mountains and connected to the beauty of God there but I also feel the same about the Ocean…If I won the lottery I would have homes in both places.
7. Reveal one of your guilty pleasures?
Wine! Although I never feel guilty, just very happy…
8. Are you a dark, milk or white chocolate lover?
Dark for sure!
9. If you could give a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?
Ummm, Go for the right side, looks like there is more milk there.
10. What is your best childhood memory?
Laying on the couch with my mother watching TV. I LOVED her and still do.
11. Do you act your age or your show size?
Well this is a tough one since I copied and pasted the questions from the blogger that gave me the award. I think she misspelled so I will answer both.
What I think she meant…
Do you act your age or your shoe size?
Somewhere in between…I am holding down the fort at say, 29 when I had enough knowledge but also enough money to enjoy my endeavors.
What she really asked…
Do you act your age or your show size?
Acting my age but hoping soon to act the show size that I would love to have on the Oprah channel. A huge and inspiring success “Friday Night Family”…
Here are the 11 questions I have for the bloggers I am giving this award to:
1. What is your passion? The thing you think about everyday?
2. Cook or reservations?
3. Do you ever dance by yourself? And are you awesome!?
4. Seriously, if you could be just one thing what would it be?
5. White meat or dark?
6. What is your biggest dream come true? (and be honest!)
7. If you could make millions off a dream job, what would it be?
8. What or who are you inspired by?
9. If you had a million dollars to donate to a cause what would it be?
10. What makes you feel grounded and safe?
11. Do you have faith in something bigger than you, than us? (It’s ok to answer honestly)
Once you answer #7 ask yourself why you aren’t doing it…<3
Here are my 11 award recipients: